The Eight Piece Panel Cap is our fullest-body cap style in the Newsboy Collection. The voluminous style is comprised of 8 panels or pieces which symbolise a spinning wheel wheel traditionally used to make fleece into yarn.
The cap was traditionally worn by newspaper boys and girls in the 1920’s and 1930’s, hence the name it is most commonly known by, and today it is worn by celebrities and fashionistas the world over.
Our version of this classic style has a flat peak with a concealed stud button, and a fabric covered button on the crown known as a Squatcho.
Each piece is crafted using authentic, high-quality Irish & Scottish Harris woollen tweeds. Wool is an ideal, natural fabric for headwear as it naturally warm, breathable, stain resistant, crease resistant and above all eco-friendly. Whether looking for a traditional herringbone tweed, or perhaps a famous Salt & Pepper tweed with vibrant colourful flecks, the extensive Hanna Hats Flat Cap Fabric Collection offers a myriad of choice.
· Handcrafted in Ireland
· Full Bodied 8 Piece Cap
· Voluminous Design
· Flat Peak with Press Stud
· Squatcho (button) on Crown
· Available in 100% Wool Fabrics
· Fully Lined with Viscose
· Gentle Dry Clean
· Suitable for all Genders
- Please measure your head with a tape measure at the widest point (just above the ears or eyebrows).
- Note the measurement in centimetres or inches.
- Use the chart below to determine which size (S, M, L, XL, XXL) hat or cap you should order.
1. Products should be stored in cool, dry, airy conditions and not exposed to direct sunlight.
2. Wool products are naturally water repellent.
3. Products should be dried naturally and not placed directly onto heaters as scorch marks may ensue.
4. Products should not be machine washed or tumble dried.
5. Products should not be treated with substances (e.g.) starch, soaps, sprays.
6. Products should be dry cleaned only using a delicate cycle with less moisture.