Created in the 1960’s and very close in design to the very first Hanna Hat ever made by founder David Hanna, our Walking Hat style is handcrafted by our specialist hat team in Donegal, Ireland and remains our most popular hat style.
The structured body and brim ensure a secure and comfortable fit, whilst the decorative feathers on the brim complement the colourful flecks in the tweeds.
Each piece is crafted using authentic, high-quality Irish tweeds expertly stitched together using the ancient craft of quilting. Historically, quilted fabric was made from the salvageable parts of old clothing or blankets which were recycled to create a new patchwork fabric.
At Hanna Hats we use the highest quality tweeds to create our patchworks, and often cut patches from irregular shapes which are a by-product of our production, adding additional sustainability credentials to this eco-friendly cloth.
Just like the head that wears this hat, each one is totally unique!
Please note that as each patchwork hat is unique it will vary from the photograph.
· Handcrafted in Ireland by our Specialist Hat Team
· Stiff-Bodied Tailored Fit Hat
· Stiff Buckram Frame
· Neat Brim with Decorative Stitching
· Available in 100% Wool Fabrics
· Fully Lined with Viscose Lining
· Gentle Dry Clean
· Suitable for all Genders
- Please measure your head with a tape measure at the widest point (just above the ears or eyebrows).
- Note the measurement in centimetres or inches.
- Use the chart below to determine which size (S, M, L, XL, XXL) hat or cap you should order.
1. Products should be stored in cool, dry, airy conditions and not exposed to direct sunlight.
2. Wool products are naturally water repellent.
3. Products should be dried naturally and not placed directly onto heaters as scorch marks may ensue.
4. Products should not be machine washed or tumble dried.
5. Products should not be treated with substances (e.g.) starch, soaps, sprays.
6. Products should be dry cleaned only using a delicate cycle with less moisture.