The tailored fit Erin cap constructed from 6 panels of tweed features an integrated peak reminiscent of a duck’s bill. This streamlined style which fits close to the head is without a Squatcho (button at top of crown), has subtle top-stitch details and is fully lined.
Its neat shape makes it an ideal travelling companion, and the long, curved peak is ideal for protecting the face from the elements.
Each piece is crafted using authentic, high-quality Irish tweeds expertly stitched together using the ancient craft of quilting. Historically, quilted fabric was made from the salvageable parts of old clothing or blankets which were recycled to create a new patchwork fabric.
At Hanna Hats we use the highest quality tweeds to create our patchworks, and often cut patches from irregular shapes which are a by-product of our production, adding additional sustainability credentials to this eco-friendly cloth. The Erin is our most sustainable product as the triangular patches are cut from off-cuts of our patchwork cap production, creating a multitude of patterns and colours in every cap.
Just like the head that wears this cap, each one is totally unique!
Please note that as each patchwork cap is unique it will vary from the photograph.
· Handcrafted in Ireland
· Tailored Fit
· Integrated Duckbill Peak
· Subtle Top-Stitching Details
· 100% Wool
· Fully Lined with Viscose Lining
· Gentle Dry Clean
· Suitable for all Genders
- Please measure your head with a tape measure at the widest point (just above the ears or eyebrows).
- Note the measurement in centimetres or inches.
- Use the chart below to determine which size (S, M, L, XL, XXL) hat or cap you should order.
1. Products should be stored in cool, dry, airy conditions and not exposed to direct sunlight.
2. Wool products are naturally water repellent.
3. Products should be dried naturally and not placed directly onto heaters as scorch marks may ensue.
4. Products should not be machine washed or tumble dried.
5. Products should not be treated with substances (e.g.) starch, soaps, sprays.
6. Products should be dry cleaned only using a delicate cycle with less moisture.